Week 15

The rain has begun to arrive. I got to try out my boots, umbrella, and big rain jacket and all work Very well!! Thank you to those who helped me prepare. Today is a super sunny day and the weather is great, but the rain will be here very soon. And once it starts, it doesn't stop I have been told.

This week was a little frustrating with a lot of appointments that fell through, but we also saw a couple miracles in how the schedule worked out. The day of miracles hasn't ceased, I think we've just departed from searching for them and recognizing them. They're not always super big, but they're there. Coincidences can be miracles if you see them that way and thank God for them.

We were finally able to align schedules and have a lesson with the doctor spouse of a recent convert. He is super intelligent and Catholic, but has desires to learn more and likes the way the Church is set up. Our job is to help him feel the Spirit and understand it better. 

Another night we were walking after a day of working and found a father bringing in the firewood. We stopped to help him, and when we finished he invited us in and we shared a lesson with him. He is 25, named Uziel and has a family with two girls, 7 and 2. He's super smart and has a lot of knowledge of the Bible. Hopefully we can help him understand where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints fits in and help him recognize the Spirit testifying of its truthfulness. He is super friendly, and after having been searching for a time to talk with him for 2 months, I'm so grateful we were able to. 

My diet is growing to include things I normally don't eat. My stomach might be growing a little too... But yesterday I ate a soup with oysters and octopus tentacles. I'm not going to say I hated it, but I didn't love it either. Also ate salmon patties with that meal and early in the week, fish croquets. I am not a fan of fish, but with the help of a missionary's power, I'm able to eat it ;P

My companion got sick from another meal we had eaten during the week, so I was able to give him a Priesthood blessing. It was in Spanish and wasn't beautiful language, but the Priesthood Power is real and beautiful. He is feeling much better now., We also gave a blessing to a less active sister we visited yesterday. We have the power to perform miracles, if we have the faith and then we act. The Priesthood is here for us to use and share with others.

Happy Spring Break! I hope everyone enjoys and stays safe.

Love,

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40