Week 19

As we are beginning to teach a little more, we are recognizing the Spirit more and more, and so are our investigators. We have had multiple people tell us that they can feel something different when we are there, or that we found them in just the right moment or time of their lives. One thing that is starting to happen is that people are asking us to pray for them. This is because they recognize us as representatives of Christ and the Spirit that we have. This has given me more confidence in my calling as a missionary, and in my ability to speak and understand Spanish. I still have lots to learn and improve, but I'm feeling more and more comfortable in the Spanish aspect of my mission.

That being said, we just received a new invitation from our President of the mission today. That all the missionaries who have more than 6 months in the mission or already know Spanish, dedicate their hour of language study each day to learning Creole. There are many Haitians here in Chile. That was something I saw a ton of in Santiago, and there are more and more arriving here and throughout the South almost daily. Missionaries here have already had a lot of success with them for they are very humble and believing people. That means I've got about two more months to "master" Spanish before I start dedicating my time to learning Creole. This will not be easy, but I have already received confirmation by the Spirit that this is something super important and that I need to do it. I will have to work super hard, but that is part of being a missionary, giving everything up to the will of the Lord. That is part of being a member of His true church.

I know the Lord loves us and is looking out for us. His arm of mercy is always extended out to us, we just have to reach out a tiny bit and take it. Trust in Him, and he'll lead you. I love reading the New Testament and the Book of Mormon and learning more about him!

Love you all,
Elder Brighton







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40