Week 57

Happy New Year!! I have been in Chile for a full calendar year now. 2018 was full of fun memories and I hope to make more in 2019! I hope I can make it a year full of personal growth and accomplishments. And a year full of service as was 2018 for me.

Speaking of service, we helped a less active sister rake her yard this past week. The grass was all dead because she had sprayed poison so we borrowed a metal rake from someone and just raked it and the roots came up pretty easy. Some good work:) We had another project planned for that day but some torrential rains arrived in the morning out of no where so that got postponed.

Scarlett and Oscar came to church yesterday. It was Oscar's first time and he really enjoyed it. Said it was much more tranquilo than what he was used to. He told us he didn't feel the spirit in the church he was at now, and I am pretty sure he felt it yesterday at church with us. Scarlett is continuing to progress very well and we have fun teaching her!

Christmas was very fun. We got together with some other Elders and went to a members house. I helped out on the grill and we grilled chicken and pork and after ate that with a ton of other food, including Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. It was a great time and I loved getting to talk with and see my family!

Christmas Eve we passed with a family and they fed us hamburgers and french fries. It was delicious and the food was also abundant. I am grateful for the love and support of the people here.

Tonight will be a regular night for us, will not get to stay out any later. Fireworks are not sold to "normal" people so don't think we'll be seeing any of that tonight in San Pablo.

Happy New Year's Eve to all:) Make 2019 a great year!

Elder Brighton



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40