March 18, 2019

We had a great week here, starting off with the Leadership Conference on Tuesday. If you want to feel nervous, try having to talk to 40 missionaries, all experienced and all leaders. And right next to you is the mission president and his wife! Haha, makes me make sure I am well prepared ahead of time, well at least it should. It went well though. I was able to talk about the importance of being obedient and helping your companion to do the same. And after Presidente Isom told me I did it well so I felt much better. But, there is another zone conference tomorrow I will have to speak at and then many more after. Time to practice my public speaking! I like it though. I'm learning lots, especially about how to be more passionate.

Later in the week we had to drive down to Puerto Montt and drop off some Elders at the airport so they could return to their sector in Coyhaique. We got up early and got them there on time. Getting back took a little longer and I got to know Chilean traffic... it is something different for sure. 

We did exchanges with those Elders Monday and Tuesday and we found 7 new investigators in that time. That was a miracle.

We were able to help some of those people move things yesterday and take a load of stress off of her shoulders. The timing that we found them was very good. I'm excited to work with her, Yanet and her daughter Olga (13). Her father, Oscar is an older guy that is an inactive member. We offered to share  a scripture with him because he is always on his porch just sitting there and he let us in for the first time and later his daughter and granddaughter walked in. We invited them to listen and they did.

We also helped another contact we did earlier to enter a bunch of firewood late one night. I love service!!

I would tell more about things but time is so short. We are busy, and that is great!!

Love you all.

Elder Brighton



Pray for Mariela!! She is trying to stop smoking in time for her baptismal date the end of March. She is making incredible progress! Thank you:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40