8-12-19

Sorry-- I forgot to post this last week

Recently in our mission we had a change of focus on doing contacts. Before, we tried to do 100 each week.

Like many, I am excited for the change in the way we see and focus on contacts. That being said, I want to share something I am learning. At times, we question why things have to change, or why something was not always the way it is now. A small example are the recent changes in how we do things at church. Instead of the 3 hours, they are just 2. Hometeaching has changed to Ministering. These changes do not mean that the way before was bad or uninspired. We believe in constant revelation, and for that reason changes come.

Having the goal of 20 contacts a day, that was later changed to 100 each week, helped me a lot to be able to contact more. It helped me to get over my fear of talking to people and use my time better as I traveled from place to place. For me, it is important to recognize the good that these goals were for me and now take what I have learned and apply it to the new focuses or goals that come in the future. We work by taking steps that build upon each other. Goal setting is done the same way. I like to set small goals that build together to help me complete with a larger goal.

We did not have time to find new people to teach this week, but we made progress with the people we already have. Wilson accepted a date for the 24 of August and he already has such strong member support. He was in church yesterday for the fourth sunday in a row. It is interesting because he does not have a smart phone so that part of the work has not changed with him. I think it is good though.

Using the phones has already been a huge blessing. Communication is the biggest plus. It is so much easier and people respond much better using WhatsApp. It is kind of incredible.

Yesterday our bishop asked me to give a talk just a few minutes before sacrament meeting and I felt very good about how it turned out. I have gained a lot of confidence in how to trust in God and the Spirit in these past few months. It has helped me lose any fear or nervousness about public speaking.

This week we have a few intercambios to do, but I hope we can also dedicate time to our sector and find news while helping Wilson and others continue to progress.

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40