10-21-19

This week started off well on Monday night. We found an antiguo we wanted to go by in the area book and we knocked and talked to the lady who came out. She's a member turns out, and her husband is not. He has had many previous interactions with missionaries but never acted much before. Well, a minute or two after talking to her outside, he pulls up- home early from work (a very nice "coincidence"). I asked if we could go inside to meet them better and they said yes. We talked and got to know them for a bit, and the shared lesson 1. It was an incredible lesson and we even invited him to be baptized if he received an answer. He said he would! The catch was that later we asked him if he would pray to receive an answer and he responded that he would if he felt like it. He was unwilling to act to receive the answer. We are going to continue to try to work with him because I know he can receive the answer, he simply doesn't want to. It's sad what he is missing out on with his family.

We also found a couple of new people to teach and work with this week. Many are part of families that have other members as well. 

And Natalia was baptized!! She was so so excited and happy and all went well. Now it is time to teach the lessons of retention. Those are so critical and I think that often in the mission they are not emphasized or taught enough. If you want to improve the retention - focus on these lessons. I honestly think it could make a huge difference for various reasons.

I doubt many have heard, but Chile is in protest throughout almost the whole country. There is no need to worry for our safety at this point, we are all okay. We just need your prayers so we can get out and work soon! Too much time in the house gets us restless.

On another note, I felt my second earthquake this morning. It was small, but it woke me up at 6:36 as I felt like someone was jiggling my bed!

I also got to see the northern-most part of our mission this week and work with the Elders there. In the city of Villarica. It is beautiful, and the weather has been wonderful. Very little rain in these past few weeks. 

I'm so grateful for the beautiful Earth God has created and given us to enjoy. And for governments and rulers that keep us safe. I know that God's plan is perfect, and that he is involved in each one of our lives. Even in the smallest details, he is there for us. To help, guide and support or sustain us. He is there. He lives. He loves YOU!

And I love you all too!!

Elder Brighton 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

Week 40