10-7-19

My new area is full of houses. Lots of houses and then the usual stretch of campo where we really will not focus on too much. We work two wards here, that are both pretty small. But it means double the work as we coordinate with two bishops, mission leaders, etc. Definitely going to keep me busy in these last weeks. We have met both bishops and are working with them to gain their confidence and respect.

My new companion is Elder Ward. He is from Pleasant Grove, Utah and graduated in 2019 from Lone Peak High School. He is here with lots of desires to work hard. He speaks very well, but lack of understanding has been a shock for him. Almost always is at the beginning, but I know that the Gift of Tongues is real and he will be okay very soon. He left the Peru MTC last week.

In the sector we are teaching a women named Natalia who has her baptismal date soon. She is super excited for it! We have had two lessons with her since I got here. In one, we also taught her two daughters of 4 and 7 years and talked about faith. We planted little seeds in bags to watch them grow as a metaphor of faith. Now, whether they or I am more excited to see the seeds grow, I couldn't tell you!;)

I also had the opportunity to do 3 baptismal interviews this week for a family that got baptized yesterday. It was three generations and was very special. The described how the Gospel filled a whole they had inside that one recognized was there and the other discovered was being filled as they listened to the Elders. What a testimony strengthening experience for me. This Gospel is for EVERYONE and blesses each individual that accepts it.

Lots of love,

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40