Week 11

Sorry for the delay in posting...

I had a cool experience with prayer this week. We had planned a visit to the chapel with an investigator and went to search for him. On the way I said a short, simple prayer in my head asking that we could actually find him and show him the chapel. We got to his house and saw his mom in the window, but nobody answered the door. We continued walking, and ran into him on the sidewalk! He had been in a store about 100 meters from his house, so the timing was just perfect. He went from there to the chapel with us and we were able to show him around and have a nice conversation.

Another day we were stopped by a car and a guy asked where we were from. I told him, and he started talking in English. He had been an exchange student in Georgia. Based on his line of work, what he offered us, and language, I didn't feel he was exactly ready to accept the Gospel, but I gave him a pass along card with our number and told him to give us a call when he was ready to listen. He was very friendly.

In fact, the next day it rained while we were outside for the first time since I've been here. A little abnormal, but I've been grateful for the dryness. Anyways, the same guy pulled up to us and offered us a ride. We declined, but it was funny for us to run into him again. I feel like my language is coming along because even though he was speaking English, I was responding in Spanish.

We see small miracles everyday, especially when we are looking for them. I hope you can see and recognize them in your lives too. Heavenly Father loves us and has a plan for us. We just have to accept his will for us and make it ours. Then the path back to Him becomes much easier because we can receie the peace of mind and the Spirit because we know we are following what he wants us to.

Have a great week, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40