Week 21

While doing contacts yesterday, a very old lady opened up the door and after offering service, she asked us to start a fire for her in her heater. She lived there with her son, who was gone at work. While my companion worked on getting the fire going, I shared a spiritual thought with her. I asked her if she had any questions or things she wanted answers too. That is something I have started to do when the opportunity arises. I want to be able to use the scriptures to give answers, so I figure the best way is to try it out. I am not very good at it, but practice makes perfect. Anyways, she told me she wanted to know the origins of God. I did not have a very good response for that one and was not ready for that question at all. I gave her the best answer I could and shared my testimony with her. She was very very old and fragile but it was nice to get to talk to someone for just a bit and have a little conversation. We got to do a little act of service, so that was nice.

We also found a pair of Haitians this week. The man speaks super good Spanish, but the woman not so much. We shared the Restoration and set up  an appointment for tonight. He told us that he really wants to learn as much as he can about the church and recognized the Book of Mormon from Haiti. This experience just confirmed the importance of my learning their language and that every nation deserves to hear the gospel, in their own tongue, even if they are not in their own country. I'm excited to work with them and I hope they can progress and learn more.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Love,

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40