3/4/19

We had an incredible experience last night. One of those typical missionary stories. Time is a little short so I am going to copy and paste what my companion said about it:

One of the coolest things of my mission happened to us this week. 

So we've been looking the last two or three weeks for families right? We've been praying to find a family all week and we've had nothing. Anyways, last night we made our way over to some apartment buildings to contact. The crazy thing is, a couple days ago we didn't even know this complex was part of our area.

We found the apartment complex Friday night when we kinda got lost in our own sector and we thought we went into the Hermanas sector. But the next day we were looking at the map and realized it was still in our sector. Once we realized it was ours we felt like we needed to head over and knock it as soon as possible. So we made our way over last night. This whole thing is surrounded by a fence. We tried the first gate and it was locked pretty nicely. Fetch. So we start walking around the whole thing looking for an open one. Second gate we found was left open a crack. Nice, we're in. So we head over and knock the whole first and second apartment buildings. We talked to some cool people but no one really had interest. Well, the third building is locked, same with the fourth and the fifth. We're about to head out and we were like whoa wait hiding behind the last building was another one! Building 6.

We walk up crossing our fingers and what do you know? its open. So we go in, 1st floor: nothing. 2nd floor: nothing. 3rd floor: nothing. We get to the 4th floor. 

By now I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. 

While we're knocking a door I look at our phone. Its 8:45. There was one more door left to knock. Then suddenly out of nowhere this last door just opens. A lady gasps cause I guess we totally scared her. She was coming out to shake off a table cloth. We talk to her and she invites us in. And what do you know, there's a family of three living there. 

We taught the Restoration and at the end we asked if they had any questions. The dad, Claudio, asked us if we believed in destiny. Then he goes on to explain how incredible it is that we made it to their door. He tells us that the outside fence is almost always locked, and even more so the door we used. Then he tells us that the building is almost always locked as well. I guess the Lord loves working with almost always odds.The fact that we were able to not only get passed the first fence, but also into the building and find them on the fourth floor baffled them. We knew why :) The wife, Mariela, told us that that's why she gasped when she saw us and ultimately why she let us in, because no one can ever just walk in to this place. They said they knew it meant something.

I also got the news that a couple of investigators from my last sector have gotten baptized, or will be getting baptized soon. That was such a miracle to hear and see how God has worked a little through me and with these people to change them and  help them. Moises, the husband of an hermana in Las Vegas got baptized this past Saturday, and Angel, the son of Gloria, is getting baptized this Saturday that comes. I am so so excited and grateful for them. And the missionaries there who are obedient and working hard.

I will be leaving Punta Arenas after one, short cambio. That is sad but new opportunities are coming. This was an awesome sector and I saw a ton of things and learned even more. I am headed back to Osorno! A sector called Antillanca with Elder Rengifo. He is from Peru. I am really excited to get to improve my Spanish skills with my first native speaker companion!!

(My P-Days are going to be on Fridays now, so if you want to send me an email that's when I will get it!)

Love you guys tons!!

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40