Week 7

I have arrived in my first Sector of the mission in Estanque. My zone is Valdivia, the second most Northern of the mission. The land here is beautiful and super green- the middle of summer. Tons of Flowers and especially roses. We walk everywhere so there is lots of time to enjoy the scenery. There are also a very large variety of stray dogs, big and small, wandering around everywhere.

My companion is Elder Azereda from Brasil. He has 9 months here and speaks perfect Spanish as far as I can tell and I will assume perfect Portuguese.... His English is super great too but I haven´t heard it a bunch. We always talk in Spanish, and that means me asking him to repeat over and over and slower, but I'm learning quickly. I introduced myself in Church on Sunday without any problem. I lack so much but with time it´ll happen.

My first day we had an appointment with Coni (Costanza) who has been an investigator for a while. She committed to being baptized that day and her fecha is the 27 of Enero. She was at church on Sunday and is progressing. The second day was hard and we didn't have any sit down lessons, but we set up an appointment for the next day with someone. I honestly didn't think it was going to happen but we showed up the next day and had a lessen with Juan Miguel, who is 15, and his abuela. She  confessed to being a women of Faith but not religion and we talked a lot with her. I was able to share the first vision and, as always, the spirit was there. However, she kept talking and we couldn't say much. But we had a miracle and she received a phone call. She left for 15 minutes or so and we were able to talk with Juan Miguel more, who was more interested. I invited him to be baptized when he knew it was true and he said yes! His goal is the 10 of Febrero. I think and pray he will progress.

We had another lesson with a part member family and before it we ran into  a member on the street. He said he would come and teach with us. The lesson was incredible and he helped so much. We invited Raul, the man of the house, to be baptized. He doesn't yet have a date set, but if he follows his faith and feelings it will come. The member talked about how he felt prompted to come to the lesson with us. Another miracle.

We receive miracles everyday, and I know Jesus Christ is working with us as he has promised in the scriptures.

I know we have the restored gospel and church on the Earth today. We got to  watch the funeral of President Monson and it was beautiful. What an example of a man who dedicated his entire life to the service of the church. I hope I can be part of what he was too. We will have the chance to watch on Tuesday when we will hear who the new prophet is. I am so grateful for prophets to guide and direct us.

A little more about life here. We have our own apartment that is two stories. Not huge, but plenty big for us. We eat lunch, the main meal here, with members each day and then are in charge of our own breakfast and dinner. Members wash our clothes for us once a week.

I am doing well and the language is coming along, day by day! I´ve received lots of comments on how good my accent is and that I talk like I´ve been here for 6 months and not 6 days. The gift of tongues is real, but I have a lot more work to do!

Love you all, and I pray for you everyday.


Christmas in the CCM




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40