Week 10

We had my first intercambios, exchanges, this week. I was pretty nervous to be in charge of leading our sector and having to find all of the houses, get around, and teach without getting lost. But with the help of the map we have, there were no major problems. We did spend a little extra time on our journeys to and from the site of exchanges but that wasn't too terrible....All ended well.

I was with Elder Stirling, who is actually the cousin of the violinist Lindsey Sterling. He has about 5 months in the mission and is from St. George, Utah. It was such a great learning experience and really a confidence booster. I could see that he was able to understand and communicate without an issue and I know I can too with more time. My biggest challenge is understanding people when they talk.

Anyway, we were doing some contacting as always, and a woman opened the door. I introduced us and after a bit of chatting she invited us in to share a lesson with her and her teenage son. They were both super receptive and enjoyed the lesson we shared, the plan of salvation. We will return and teach more this week. But I hope and think they will progress more. I was able to teach a lot of the message and understand most of their responses. It was awesome.

We had a cita the next morning  at 9 am, which is a little unusual but that's when we set it with a man who we had met before and asked us to call before. We showed up at 9 and had another lesson! It too went well and we'll visit him again later. We are finding people to teach and it is great.

We had an "open chapel" activity in the stake center yesterday and we were able to contact people in the street and invite them inside to learn more. I was able to talk to a lot of people by myself and two even came inside to learn more. That was a really cool activity. The Haitian population that lives here is a very faithful, receptive people and I saw that in action yesterday. Now I just have to learn French/Creole too..... But first Spanish.

Mormon 9 is such a cool chapter!!! And Mosiah 27

I'd love to receive pictures in the mail of family or whatever! And packages are OK too, just not all the time. 

Thanks for your support and love!

Elder Brighton





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40