Week 30

Cambio calls came last night and I am leaving Estanque. I will be going to the city of Osorno, the zone of Rahue in the sector Las Vegas. Oddly enough, I will be reuniting with my first companion there: Elder Azeredo. I believe we will be white-washing the sector so that will bring it's challenges and excitements. I am excited to get to work with him again and be a slightly better, less completely-lost companion. I don't know much detail at all about the sector so I will fill y'all in next week and over my time there.

This week we had zone conference and we discussed ways that the members and missionaries can do things to work together more. We are getting a really big push to work with them more and involve them in very small ways. I need to improve the way I apply that to my mission and work.

We also had a week full of activities leading up to ward conference. Friday was the biggest, a festival of the nations. We made chocolate chip cookies and they were a huge hit. Tons of people asking for the recipe afterwards. We had a lot of investigators that came and one lady, Paola, even participated. She didn't like that Chile was left out as a country represented so she sang a few songs that are popular here as Karaoke. She's a funny lady and a good friend of the missionaries, just hasn't made a lot of progress as far as the Gospel sense goes. She did come to church on Sunday with her husband though! Her kids go almost every Sunday, but they came for Sacrament meeting this week too. That was really exciting to see.

We also started teaching a man named Marcelo. He came to church as well and it was awesome. Constansa also arrived all by herself. I have come to love the ward and investigators here and I believe there will be much success in the form of baptisms in this sector these next couple of cambios. Elder Price is staying here to train a new Elder from Utah.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your Summer!

Lots of love from Valdivia, Chile

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40