Week 38

On Saturday we had the chance to help one of our investigators, Moises, load up a yard of firewood in the back of his pickup and then drive over to his daughter's to unload it. It was a small act of service, but it showed him that we are really here to help him out and want the best for him. We taught him a few weeks back about keeping the sabbath day holy and told him we would do whatever it took to help him have time to assist to the chapel on Sunday. Even though he wasn't able to go yesterday, it was apparent that our sacrifice of time to help him touched him and he continues being receptive to us.

This week I have been reading in 3rd Nephi when Christ comes to visit the people and spends 3 days teaching them. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the influence it has had on my life and my mission. I know the book is true and I love to study it. I am grateful for the example Jesus Christ gave us of unselfish service and love. For His sacrifice and forgiveness. For His Atonement and gift of immortality for each one of us, and eternal life for those who seek it. For His love and patience. I am grateful for His Gospel and the opportunity I have to share it for 2 years here in Chile with the people here.

Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40