Week 43

Feels like an eternity since the last email. We passed the 18 of September without any problems or crazy experiences. It was the Tuesday before cambios, so we were able to use the time for my companion to despedirse to the members. The Monday before, we had a very nice, relaxing Pday and went fishing with a member. I can not say I was able apply the techniques I learned from my father growing up, and perhaps that is to blame for the lack of success on my part. However, a member caught one fish and my companion another! A very large trout with red spots. Not the typical rainbow trout but supposedly they have those here too.

With the lack of fish catching I was able to just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and reflect upon life. Had a good conversation with my companion, Elder Azeredo as well. By the way, I can skip a pretty mean rock:)

I'm working backwards here I guess. On Sunday, we got a phone call from President Isom. Elder Azeredo was being moved to Puerto Varas,and I am staying here in Las Vegas with Elder Hanna. This is his first cambio here in Chile so that means I am training! It is an assignment that comes with a ton of responsibility but I have been praying a lot and trying to focus on recieving strength and guidance from the Lord. Turns out I can communicate and understand people better than I thought I could. The Gift of Tongues is real and we are working hard here to develop it.

A little bit more on Elder Hanna: He is 18 years old (birthday November 30) and is from Montana.Yes, Hanna Montana. First thing I thought of, and the first thing about half of the Chileans think of too. Oh, his mother´s name is also Anna. He comes from a family of 10 kids and is the youngest. His parents both had kids from previous marriage and then had 5 more together. He went to the CCM in Mexico. He has studied a lot the language and will speak very well if he continues to work as he is now. He is very humble and quick-witted. So far we get along great and we are going to work well together in this sector. He is taller than maybe an inch or two and flaquito. I have been taking advantage of that and we have begun to go out and run together for our exercise in the morning.It has been wonderful to get to run again.

We invited Gloria to baptism the 15 of October and she accepted. She is now facing a lot of difficulties though so prayers on her behalf would be appreciated. She is doing so well and is so ready, but Satan is doing his part now.

Today we went to San Pablo and saw a cave and a waterfall.Itwas really pretty and fun.

Love to all!



Elder Brighton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11-11-19

10-21-19

Week 40